View Full Version : Outlook Business Contacts for Pocket PC

Ed Hansberry
04-24-2007, 07:00 PM
<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7bc78c14-7143-41d9-84a9-bd628db7b6a0&amp;displaylang=en&amp;tm">http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7bc78c14-7143-41d9-84a9-bd628db7b6a0&amp;displaylang=en&amp;tm</a><br /><br /><i>"This release is an add-in that allows you to synchronize your business contacts and a subset of your communication history to your Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC."</i><br /><br />This is an 8.2MB download from Microsoft for Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 only that allows synchronization between a Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC and contact history in the Outlook Business Contact Manager. Do you use the Business Contact Manager?

msafi
04-24-2007, 08:40 PM
It came as a separate CD with the office suite, but I didn't know what it is and I didn't install it.

What is it?

mashtim
04-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Being able to sync BCM to my PPC is definitely a start.

However, I stopped using BCM (after an admittedly short trial period) simply because it was lacking any kind of Exchange/Sharepoint sharing capabilities. I will admit, however, that I haven't been keeping myself up-to-date on this software and do not know if those capabilities have since been added.

Being able to use BCM as a light CRM client would be great if I were able to share the information with anyone else in my small business! Until that happens, I don't really see BCM being of any serious use for anyone that doesn't work alone.

TMAN
04-25-2007, 06:37 AM
This is really the only way I can sync my business contacts in Outlook at work and personal contacts at home without combining the data.

Essentially my personal contacts use the Pocket Outlook Database while my business contacts are stored in the Pocket PC BCM application.

bkerrins
04-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Wow, some 85% don't use it...I would rather MS spend their time fixing Activesync rather than spend anymore time creating this SW.

peterawest
04-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Wow, some 85% don't use it...

I didn't use the Business Contact Manager in Outlook because this option wasn't available. Anything I entered into that software wouldn't find it's way to my PPC.

This update has only been available for two days, having been posted on 4/23/2007.

Now that it's out there, I'd be more likely to try the Business Contact Manager again.

jamisonw
04-29-2007, 11:21 PM
BCM CAN be shared with others in your organization. Microsoft should keep working on this, though I ENTIRELY agree ActiveSync should be fixed. It should sync to Exchange Public Contacts at least. Anyway, this is a possible fix for me. If you have Office SBE or Pro 2007 you should use BCM, or at least try it. If you have a server (Small Business Server for most of my clients) the BCM database can reside on a SQL Express 2005 database right on your server. It is a "free" (with Office SBE or Pro) CRM application that is actually quite good. If you don't need a full CRM and heavily use Outlook this is the way to go. You do need a pretty powerful computer to run Outlook 2007 with BCM, but I think it is worth the cost for 1-10 users...

kzemach
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
I just downloaded it, as I started to use BCM before I realized that it wouldn't sync with my WM5 device.

*Downloaded program
*Installed it
*Sync'd
*Sync'd again
*And again

And still my new Business Contacts program on my WM5 has no contacts that sync to it. That is so very, very Microsoft.

If anyone has found some trick to make it work, post it...

Thanks!

nicolas
05-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Sync'd it about a thousand times deleted and reinstalled software... still not one BCM contact on my P3300. no fun.... Please mail with a solution