View Full Version : How to launch default connection through connectivity icon

DerekTheGeek
04-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi All,

In WM2003 I used to be able to select the "connectivity" icon (double arrows with X) in the title bar and select my default Internet connection. Now in WM5 I can't seem to do this. I have to tap my way through 5 different screen just to get to the connections screen. Does anyone know how to re-enable the ability to tap the connectivity icon and select your default connection? Thanks.

- DTG

Cybrid
04-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi All,

In WM2003 I used to be able to select the "connectivity" icon (double arrows with X) in the title bar and select my default Internet connection. Now in WM5 I can't seem to do this. I have to tap my way through 5 different screen just to get to the connections screen. Does anyone know how to re-enable the ability to tap the connectivity icon and select your default connection? Thanks.

- DTGSeems OEM specific, on my Dell it provides a shortcut to the connection screen. However since the dell has a wireless button...I wouldn't use it.
On my UTStarcomm it does link to my WiFi.
What device?

DerekTheGeek
04-23-2007, 06:06 PM
I have a Dell Axim x51v. With my last PDA (WM2003) I would have a link to the default connection when I tapped on the connectivity icon. Has this been removed in WM5? Might there be another program that would provide "two taps" access to a default internet connection?

- DTG

Cybrid
04-23-2007, 10:10 PM
I have a Dell Axim x51v. With my last PDA (WM2003) I would have a link to the default connection when I tapped on the connectivity icon. Has this been removed in WM5? Might there be another program that would provide "two taps" access to a default internet connection?

- DTGWhat is your default connection? On the Dell X50v WM5, there is the wifi button, the icons on the bottom of the screen for the BT and Wireless.
Isn't it the same for the X51v? or are you using a dialup connection?

DerekTheGeek
04-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Yes, I am using a dialup connection to Verizon's EVDO service. I do have the WiFi icon and the Bluetooth icon at the bottom of the home screen. It used to be that all I had to do was turn on Bluetooth and then select the "two arrows" icon in the title bar and in the bubble that would pop up would be a hyperlink to my Verizon EVDO connection. Now all I get is a hyperlink titled "Settings" that links to the connections folder.

- DTG

Cybrid
04-24-2007, 08:07 PM
If you don't switch connections often you could specify it as default here so that it would auto dial whenever a program requires access.
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/wce/50/PocketPC/Settings-ConnectionsConnections3.jpg
Source: www.pocketpcfaq.net
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/connectionmanager.htm