View Full Version : 3835 Wireless

katoguy
04-23-2007, 03:16 AM
I recently bought an Ipaq 3835 with an expansion pack (agency series pee2036c ipaq H3600 series), and a cisco aironet 350 wireless lan adapter off ebay. I need to know how to configure the card for use. When I insert the card, it says it's unrecognized and to enter the name of the device driver for the card.

Also, the Ipaq battery doesn't charge, it is dead. I've read some other forums saying that it is possible for the batteries to completely die and be unusable if not used for a long period of time. The same thing seems to have happened with the expansion pack battery. I think the batteries can be replaced easily, so that is not as important as getting the card to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nurhisham Hussein
04-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Sounds very much like you're missing the driver for the card. About all I can suggest is visiting the Cisco website for it, or asking around here if anybody still has the driver for the card handy.

katoguy
04-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Ok, I think I have the driver now. How do I configure it to run? (a step by step instruction would be appreciated) I've been hoping to get onto my school's wireless, or the wireless router we have in our dorm room.

Cybrid
04-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Ok, I think I have the driver now. How do I configure it to run? (a step by step instruction would be appreciated) I've been hoping to get onto my school's wireless, or the wireless router we have in our dorm room.
http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/Connection_Manager/ConnectionManager.html

katoguy
04-23-2007, 07:37 PM
unfortunately, I think I have windows 2002 or whatever. Not 2003. I did my best to follow the steps on that page, but some of the options/screens are not available in 2002. I don't know if I have the Cisco card configured right...do I need to enter an IP address or configure LEAP or something? I'm so damn confused about this stupid thing.

Cybrid
04-23-2007, 10:07 PM
unfortunately, I think I have windows 2002 or whatever. Not 2003. I did my best to follow the steps on that page, but some of the options/screens are not available in 2002. I don't know if I have the Cisco card configured right...do I need to enter an IP address or configure LEAP or something? I'm so damn confused about this stupid thing.
No worries. I have one of those too! :oops:
In the connections manager
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/wce/30/ppc2002/connections1.jpg
Set it all to work. Make sure you hit the connect button to save the changes before you ok out.

Your card driver will put an icon in your system control panel
start>settings>system tab
http://www.epocrates.com/graphics/products/ppc/settings_system_about.gif
the image icon is OEM dependent.
In there

Scan for SSID,
Connect to the one your Campus uses
Enter encyption if needed.
Refresh IP after confirming you are connected.

You may need a separate ip tool if not included in the driver. www.cam.com

katoguy
04-24-2007, 04:34 AM
The "connect" button is shaded and can't be clicked, even if I try to change settings.

The lights on the cisco card are on, with the "status" light blinking steadily, and the activity light blinking occasionally.

Cybrid
04-24-2007, 07:25 AM
The "connect" button is shaded and can't be clicked, even if I try to change settings.

The lights on the cisco card are on, with the "status" light blinking steadily, and the activity light blinking occasionally.
That may mean the connection is set. What is it set to? If all of them are internet then you'll still be ok.
After which follow the rest of the steps. When the light goes solid. You're golden and you'll see that activity light flicker more often :lol:

katoguy
04-24-2007, 05:01 PM
There is no icon for the card in the Settings/system tab. I also don't see where to scan for SSID (I assume it's by using that icon). I uninstalled the cisco card and reinstalled it...and that didn't help. The activity light is solid now, but the status light isn't blinking as often. Do I have to configure the Aironet Client Utility or one of those things in the Cisco folder under programs?

Cybrid
04-24-2007, 07:30 PM
There is no icon for the card in the Settings/system tab. I also don't see where to scan for SSID (I assume it's by using that icon). I uninstalled the cisco card and reinstalled it...and that didn't help. The activity light is solid now, but the status light isn't blinking as often. Do I have to configure the Aironet Client Utility or one of those things in the Cisco folder under programs?Yes, Most manufacturers place that under settings but I guess cisco had to be different.

katoguy
04-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Ok, now for the big question..how do I configure the card with the stuff in the cisco folder?

Cybrid
04-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Ok, now for the big question..how do I configure the card with the stuff in the cisco folder?

Scan for SSID,
Connect to the one your Campus uses
Enter encyption if needed.
Refresh IP after confirming you are connected.

http://www.bbk.ac.uk/ccs/docs/wam/PPC2002.htm
http://www.it.ubc.ca/wireless/support/howtos/ppc.shtml
for reference.

katoguy
04-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Ok, somehow I managed to get it to pick up a signal from a totally different router than I want. I picked one up a second ago that my computer doesn't even pick up. However, when I try to connect to the internet it says "unable to connect with current settings. To change your connection settings, tap settings."

the signal I'm picking up isn't the one I want to use anyway...I'd like to use the signal coming from my roomates' router.

I'm starting to feel like an idiot lol...thank you for all your help in this

Cybrid
04-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Lol. Believe me, I've had my share of those. When I first attempted to connect using my old PPC's it took me a while to figure out. It'll come.
What college are you at? and what is your room mates router name?
I'm going to build a guide based on my older hardware which will make this easier. It might take me some time to put together.

katoguy
04-25-2007, 04:25 AM
I'm at Minnesota State Mankato. It's a linksys router, the Network Name is 110, and there's a password on it as well.