View Full Version : HP 2215 -New problem - old device Please help!

Starevoli
04-17-2007, 06:04 AM
I have an Ipaq h2215 PPC that I've had since I purchased it brand new (Aug 2003)

I've never had any trouble with it -- although it's been a little sluggish since I got new 2GB SD and CF cards...

Last night the device simply went "off" -- dark, unresponsive to turning it "on" -- soft-reset, etc.

I took the battery out and put it right back in --- not long enough to hard-reset it --- and it popped back on and everything was fine. -- Battery was charged up and everything.

This has NEVER happened and I'm worried that it might be the first sign of something going wrong with my old trusty PPC. Any information from the savvy pros would be much appreciated :wink:

Also -- this is shameful - I've never had a new battery--- could this be a sign? (My device is not in constant use by any stretch of the imagination and I charge it daily)

doughboy
04-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Mere speculation: it could be the battery (especially if you do not use it several times per week) but could be a faulty connection within as well. Ensure that the battery door is not broken and is holding the battery tight. After I dropped my 2210 once, the battery door broke and I had similar "dark" episodes until I replaced the door.

Best wishes.

welmoed
05-02-2007, 02:09 PM
I had the exact same issue and it was indeed the battery door. I got a replacement from an aftermarket place in Asia (can't remember the exact company) and it has worked fine ever since.

Of course, now that I got a Mio 550 for my birthday, it's been sitting unused on my desk... I'll probably do a hard reset and put it up on eBay.

--Welmoed

baker
05-05-2007, 03:57 PM
My 4155 is doing the same thing. There is a small switch that the door presses to allow the device to come on. If the door moves and the switch is not pressed, the device shuts off. Take your door off and you most likely can't turn on the HP device.