View Full Version : Unsigned certificate error

dr_doak
04-13-2007, 03:34 AM
I'm getting the unsigned certificate error when I try to open a simple, basic, no-frills HTML file off of my microSD card (or local memory).

You can find a copy of the page I'm trying to open here. (http://www.bobspixels.com/kaibab.org/pda/gc_pda.htm)

There's just text and a picture. Opens just fine in Vista and XP in Firefox and IE. It even opens in Opera for Mobile 5. So, I can get around the error with Opera, but what on earth sort of security concern did PIE have with these files??? I'm rather exasperated about the whole thing.

Running Mobile 5 on a Cingular 8525.

I suppose one good thing did come out of this... I finally bought Opera for PPC.

Thoughts?

Cybrid
04-14-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm getting the unsigned certificate error when I try to open a simple, basic, no-frills HTML file off of my microSD card (or local memory).

You can find a copy of the page I'm trying to open here. (http://www.bobspixels.com/kaibab.org/pda/gc_pda.htm)

There's just text and a picture. Opens just fine in Vista and XP in Firefox and IE. It even opens in Opera for Mobile 5. So, I can get around the error with Opera, but what on earth sort of security concern did PIE have with these files??? I'm rather exasperated about the whole thing.

Running Mobile 5 on a Cingular 8525.

I suppose one good thing did come out of this... I finally bought Opera for PPC.

Thoughts?Works fine on my X50v WM5 PIE :|
Must be some OEM/Carrier specific thing.

dr_doak
04-14-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm starting to wonder just what exactly the cellular companies do when they brand a new phone/pda... Doesn't seem like there's too much cause to screw with this part of the security settings.

How's 5 running on your X50v? I've got one of those too, but still at 2003.

Cybrid
04-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm starting to wonder just what exactly the cellular companies do when they brand a new phone/pda... Doesn't seem like there's too much cause to screw with this part of the security settings.

How's 5 running on your X50v? I've got one of those too, but still at 2003.The battery usage is higher, still runs slower despite the wm5 2nd edition ROM. Not the greastest but livable.