View Full Version : WiFi Connected But Unable to Surf!

Richard76
04-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I have gone back to using my old PDA2k running PPC2003SE and have just remembered one of the advantages for WinMo5. When I click on my WiFi icon and then click 'Connect', it picks up my Linksys WAP11 Wireless Access Point no problem (this is connected to a Linsys BEFSR41 Router, no encryption or WEP).

However, that's where the love ends. Once in PIE, it doesn't matter what I try to access (URL or Favourite), I get an error message box popping up saying "The page you are looking for cannot be found."

Vague memories are coming back to me of having this same problem back when I first purchased this device in 2004 but I can't for the life of me remember what I did to get it working. I have tried everything and even followed the MS tutorial on the Windows Mobile site...still nothing.

What am I missing???

Nurhisham Hussein
04-10-2007, 05:13 AM
Try checking your network (not wifi) settings. Since it's your old device, you might have network settings in there that may be incompatible with your current setup (like trying to connect to a proxy or VPN).

Cybrid
04-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Try checking your network (not wifi) settings. Since it's your old device, you might have network settings in there that may be incompatible with your current setup (like trying to connect to a proxy or VPN). This might help. http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/Connection_Manager/ConnectionManager.html

Richard76
04-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Sorry for the tardy reply, I just returned from a business trip this afternoon. Thank you both for the replies.

@ Cybrid

That link is perfect! I thought I had tried every combination in trying to set this up but I just followed the steps and voila! I may have used that combination in my "trial and error" effort but forgot to reboot too. Who knows.

Anyway, it is working like a charm now and it certainly brings back memories (at least partial memories). I have owned 3 Windows Mobile 5 devices since this original PDA2k and can quickly remember some of the benefits of the upgraded OS.

OS aside though, it is funny that this "old soldier" still has a lot of great device appeal even for its age. If it wasn't for the poor implementation of the BT radio, I might still be compelled to use it as my all-in-one device!