View Full Version : The Mysteriously Disappearing Contacts...

karinatwork
04-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Strange things are happening... contacts disappear mysteriously... or appear in doubles and triples... and there is NO SOLUTION to my problem.

Here is my problem:

Contact name: Able Office, phone, fax, email, notes. It's on my desktop Outlook, but not on my pocket pc? Why the heck, I ask... no answer. I sync and re-sync, no avail. Ok, I say, let's create Able Office # 2. Which I do. And voila', Able Office # 2 appears on my pocket pc as well. So I delete Able Office from desktop. Then I take the # 2 away and re-save it as Able Office. The changes don't sync. WHAT? I just created that contact and it worked, and now it doesn't sync? What in blue blazes... Ok, let's soft reset and then re-sync. No change. Able # 2 is still on my pocket pc, and whatever changes I make to it on the desktop, they don't appear. It's like they're independent of each other. I create Able # 3. Doesn't appear. I create Brian Wiens. Appears fine. WHAT IS GOING ON???

HELP!!! 8O

ctmagnus
04-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Do any of these contacts have HTML/RTF formatted text in the notes field? I have several appointments like that on the desktop end that do not want to sync down to the device.

ctmagnus
04-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Also, you may want to try this:

1) Backup your .pst file, just in case.

2) Disable the Contact synchronization conduit in ActiveSync, then delete all the contacts on the device.

3) Re-enable the Contact synchronization conduit and re-sync.

This *should* give you an exact copy of the data on your desktop.

karinatwork
04-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Do any of these contacts have HTML/RTF formatted text in the notes field? I have several appointments like that on the desktop end that do not want to sync down to the device.

Some of them did, others didn't. I tried with and without notes, but nothing changes. I'm going to do the delete thing now. I hope it works... *shiver* 8O

ctmagnus
04-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Did anything come of this?