View Full Version : Automatically Entering Battery Save Mode Too Soon - Phone portion shuts off

SD-Realtor
04-04-2007, 08:21 AM
I have an MPX300, with WM2003SE. It, as well as probably all other PPC phones, has a function which automatically shuts off the phone portion of the device at a particular low battery level in order to save the battery from going all the way down and causing me to lose my data. Well, when I got the phone, second hand, this would occur at 5%, which was perfect. Now, after a hard reset has occured, the phone portion shuts off when the battery gets down to something like 20%. I always get cut off of calls towards the end of the day now.

There is no option anywhere that allows me to change this back to the 5% level before the phone utility shuts off.

Is there a basic (possibly free) software somewhere which will give me control of this option, or do I have to edit the registry? I have never messed with the registry before, and quite honestly I'd like to avoid doing so if possible. Does anyone know of basic software that allows me to take control of this problem? Has anyone else experienced this, or edited this part of their PPC phone?

Please help... Thanks!

p.s. If no program, is the registry edit easy, and would this cure the problem?

Kadegboye
04-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi,
You are not alone in this. My XDA II now shuts down when my battery level goes down to 30%. When I first bought it about three years ago, it will keep receiving calls until it reaches less than 2%. I am sorry, I still don't know the reason for this nor do I know the solution to it. However, I suspect that it might have to do with the registry or probably the battery. I am going to experiment with some things soon but I will back up everything in the memory before I do anything. If I find an answer I will post it here.
Kay.

burtcom
04-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Is this the original battery?

If so, replace it -- they do eventually lose their ability to hold as much charge as they used to.