View Full Version : Minimo v.2

NicZak
03-31-2007, 04:02 AM
Hot on the hells of Opera's recent beta release (8.65) and Microsoft's Deepfish preview, Mozilla has released a hugely updated and vastly improved version of Minimo.

I have to say that as long as I have had my WM5 device I have switched between browsers constantly and still not found one that really works well. Keep in mind that I have only been using Minimo for a matter of hours, that said I really think this could be the one that I stick with. So far it hasn't crashed, done anything really unexpected or otherwise. It seems like there are countless sites that I visit with IE (PIE/MultiIE) in which the browser just exits, vanishes w/o a trace, no error no nothing.. just gone. So far so good w/ Minimo. Here are a list of features in the new version (taken straight from Mozilla's site):
Features

Minimo uses Mozilla Technologies to produce a highly usable web browser for advanced mobile devices. Features include:

* Fast access to your mobile content via Homebase start page

* Best support for modern web standards (Javascript and AJAX).

* Social Bookmarking

* Tab browsing

* RSS Support

* Proven security (TLS, SSL3)

* International support

* Cross platform capability

* Widget and Extension support

Pretty impressive i'd say. I really was unimpressed w/ the new Opera beta, and I am still on the "waiting list" to try deep fish, but in the mean time this bad boy is free and really looking good.

-Nick

Darius Wey
03-31-2007, 04:28 AM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

I guess you missed the front-page announcement (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54596). ;)