View Full Version : Daylight Savings Update for ActiveSync 3.0.11171?

sidpink
03-29-2007, 12:06 AM
I'd like to know if there is a way to get my PC, running Windows XP w/ update for new daylight savings time, to sync correctly w/ my Pocket PC running ActiveSync 3.0.11171. Currently my Pocket PC is still running an hour behind. And whenever I change the time manually, it just reverts back when I sync up. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your help.

applejosh
03-29-2007, 02:19 AM
What PPC device do you have? If it's WM2003 or later (possibly PocketPC 2002 although I'm not at all sure about that - they don't list PPC2002 as an option on the download page, but it is referenced in the EULA), then try downloading the cab files, transferring them to your device, and installing them that way (by tapping on them in File Explorer on the device).

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/eula_daylightsavings_1033.mspx

sidpink
04-09-2007, 04:32 AM
Applejosh:

thanks for the quick reply. It took me some time to get back to you, and in that time, the "normal" date for daylight savings happened, so my device and my computer are now syncing up okay.

I am using a older Pocket PC, an HP Jornada 565.

So, should I check on the HP site for support for this issue? I guess I was thinking that it was an ActiveSync issue.

Obviously I'm going to run into the same problem this fall when daylight savings ends later than "normal."

Thanks again for trying to help me out with this.

sidpink

pmgibson
04-10-2007, 03:57 PM
In addition to the updates for PC's, there was an update for Windows Mobile on Microsoft's website.

If your PC is set to automatically download updates, you probably got the PC update without consious effort on your part. The WM update is different however.

Try this website and see if that helps:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/daylightsaving/default.mspx

Even thought it's working now, because the "old" date for the change has passed, you'll have problems this fall if you don't apply this update.

Hope this helps.