View Full Version : Vista and Toshiba Pocket PC 330

leomonkey
03-27-2007, 06:24 AM
HELP!

I recently purchased a new pc loaded with Vista... thus, I can no longer use the active sync program...

Now, I cannot connect at all with the new Windows Device Manager program.

And I want to keep my present Pocket PC because it was working just fine!!

Any suggestions??

Darius Wey
03-27-2007, 07:02 AM
You're in an incredibly unfortunate situation. The Windows Mobile Device Center only supports Windows Mobile 2003 and higher, which leaves the Toshiba 330 out of the loop. And as you've identified, ActiveSync isn't compatible with Windows Vista. This leaves you with a few options:

1. Purchase a new Pocket PC, but I doubt you want to do that.

2. Sync with your old PC, but again, I doubt you want to do that.

3. Download the free Virtual PC 2007, install it, and then install and run Windows XP and ActiveSync in a virtual machine. Your luck will depend on whether the latest Virtual PC supports ActiveSync. Past versions have been a little flaky and I'm not 100% sure what the 2007 version is like. Give it a go as you have nothing to lose.

leomonkey
03-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Thank you for the feedback. I have reviewed the internet and no solutions appear available. My last laptop died so I can't access my pocket PC this way... no access to other computers as I asm travelling for this month... oh whoa is me.

Thanks for the feedback on Virtual PC. I Had heasrd of it elsewhere but was a bit worried it would create more problems than solve. It may be my last avenue. Another suggestion I received today was to use my last hard drive (if it is working and compatible) and I can switch it to this computer... back and forth like...

Hopefully one of these options will at least allow me to transfer my extensive list of contacts and appointments!!

leomonkey
03-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Even though I was not able to sync my Pocket PC with my new computer using Windows Mobile, I was able to retrieve files. This included my backup file.

Is there any program that would allow me to convert this backup file so that Outlook 2007 can utilize it?

Darius Wey
03-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Is there any program that would allow me to convert this backup file so that Outlook 2007 can utilize it?

Do you know what the file format is?