View Full Version : how to backup emails from Pocket Outlook?

ipaq_wannabe
03-26-2007, 02:41 PM
the service provider for my Windows Mobile smartphone only sends SMS/email messages to Pocket Outlook. and as we all know, having too many messages in Pocket Outlook can severely be a drag on performance.

since i usually get at least 20 messages a day, i was wondering if there is a way to somehow "archive/backup" the messages from Pocket Outlook? some sort of "reverse" ActiveSync?

thanks in advanced!!!

Cybrid
03-26-2007, 03:56 PM
no.If there is the option of saving the emails on server, you could re-download them onto a pc and archive them there.
A less than ideal alternative is to use Sprite or SPB Backups. You could backup your PPC frequently and save them in a backup then delete.
I would suggest a memory card of large size and looking up Menneisyys' guides to relocating the email data to a card.

anonymous99
04-02-2007, 03:51 AM
You can do reverse on Active Sync, by configure the setting of it while your device is NOT connected.

But A backup software is also important if you do not want to take any risk.

Sprite Backup is the ideal solution for me personally and you can also use Jeyo Companion manage your SMS if you prefer.
:D

ipaq_wannabe
04-02-2007, 11:51 PM
thanks for the replies, guys...

anonymous99 - can you explain more on what youve said about reversing activeSync?