View Full Version : Digital Trends Reviews The Treo 750

Jon Westfall
03-23-2007, 08:54 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/review4426.html' target='_blank'>http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/review4426.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Windows Mobile 5.0 is an operating system that some people swear by and some people swear at. Unlike its Palm-powered Cingular/AT&amp;T twin the 680, the Treo 750 offers 3G UMTS broadband data services with promises to go full-fledged HSDPA sometime this year. The 750 has 128MB of internal memory compared to the 64MB on the 680 and offers a 1.3 MP vs. the VGA camera on the 680. It also adds multimedia features missing from another popular Cingular Smartphone, the studious Blackberry 8700c. But even with these add-ons, the 750 is saddled with a bloated price: $399.99 with a two-year contract and including a $100 rebate, but $649.99 if you're not buying or extending your Cingular plan. Considering the $499/$599 pricing on the 4GB and 8GB iPhones due in June or the similarly-spec'd Samsung Blackjack at $199.99 w/contract or $499.99 w/o contract, it's hard to justify opting for the 750."</i><br /><br />Digital Trends has just released their review of the Treo 750. While they seem to the phone, They seem to be most annoyed about the pricetag. The Treo isn't cheap, but comparing it to non-touchscreen devices like the Blackjack (and saying "similarly-spec'd") isn't exactly accurate. Of course, if Palm didn't insist on calling it a smartphone, we wouldn't have people comparing Smartphones to Phone Editions as much ;)

MitchellO
03-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I have to say the Treo 750 does as good a job being one handed as a smartphone does. Recently I have tried a dopod 838 Pro and the one-handed experience on it was aweful. Palm's software tweaks and brilliant hardware design really make it a fantastic phone.

And the Treo has a fair bit over the iPhone tool. eg. 3G/HSDPA, thumboard, open Windows Mobile OS, oh and of course its available :P