View Full Version : Anyone Exchange Sync with Bluetooth DUN?

DerekTheGeek
03-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi All,

I currently use the Motorola Q which I sync with my hosted Exchange provider (ExtendEmail.com). I really like the ability to have email "pushed" to my smartphone as well as having my contacts and calendar synced.

That being said there are too many things I miss about my Dell Axim pocket pc such as Pocket Informant and TomTom Maps. For this reason I will be moving back to a separate phone and PDA. I just didn't like the compromises I was having to make by using the Q.

So I will be back to using Bluetooth DUN for my Internet access. I am hoping that I will still be able to sync my pocket pc (Dell x51v) with my hosted Exchange server, much in the same way I could with my motorola Q.

Are any other people doing this? Can I setup ActiveSync on my PDA to initiate a DUN connection and sync with the Exchange Server? Granted it won't be constant like the Motorola Q seemed to be, but every 30 minutes would be fine.

- DTG

P.S. I will still keep the Verizon unlimited data plan and tethering option so data usage is not an issue.

Mark Kenepp
03-22-2007, 08:48 PM
As long as your Axim is connected to the Internet, it can sync with an accessible Exchange Server.

Whether or not your Axim is connected through WiFi, Ethernet or DUN does not make a difference though I guess the speed and timeout settings of the connection could have some effect.

I have used Bluetooth DUN through T-Mobile GPRS/EDGE successfully many times.