View Full Version : Email client - multiple identities?

DerekTheGeek
03-22-2007, 05:28 AM
Hi All,

Does anyone know of an email client for Windows Mobile that supports multiple identities? I have several email accounts from different domains that all go into the same inbox. When I want to send a message I would like the ability to select which identity should be used to send the message. Mozilla Thunderbird has this built in as does Microsoft Outlook. I am surprised I have not heard more people ask for the same thing as I am sure I am not unique in having more than one email address.

I thought perhaps FlexMail 2007 might support multiple identities but I am unable to find any information regarding this in the Web IS forums.

Any thoughts?

- DTG

Paul Martin
03-22-2007, 05:45 AM
As a user of Flexwallet 2006, yes it most definitely does and even separate sigs per account.

DerekTheGeek
03-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the reply Paul. So in Flex Wallet do you need to setup a new account for every identity? Would you mind explaining how you have yours setup to use multiple identities? Thanks!

- DTG

Paul Martin
03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Actually its relatively simple. Similar to outlook, you set up a "service" which is simply the account info (pop/smtp or ldap info). It also offers the sig customization as well. On each actual email, it shows you which account you're using, with a little drop-down arrow to change the account, so that even if you received the email on account a, you can reply, forward, etc from a differences account. FW does have a fully-functioning demo, so I encourage you to check it out. Also, the team is very active in product updates and fixes. They also have forums for their products which also has some great info. Hope that helps.

Paul

Paul Martin
03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Actually its relatively simple. Similar to outlook, you set up a "service" which is simply the account info (pop/smtp or ldap info). It also offers the sig customization as well. On each actual email, it shows you which account you're using, with a little drop-down arrow to change the account, so that even if you received the email on account a, you can reply, forward, etc from a differences account. FW does have a fully-functioning demo, so I encourage you to check it out. Also, the team is very active in product updates and fixes. They also have forums for their products which also have some great info. Hope that helps.

Paul

Brad Adrian
03-22-2007, 09:42 PM
As a user of Flexwallet 2006...

You mean Flex MAIL, right?

Paul Martin
03-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Most definitely...I must have been asleep at the keyboard. Thanks for the post, Brad. Check out Flexmail here (http://www.pocketinformant.com/products_info.php?p_id=mail).