View Full Version : Annoying Alarm: HP HW6945 Dog Barking!

AESM
03-19-2007, 01:39 PM
1. Set up built in alarm "dog bark" to be activated every day at 4:30 AM.
2. When the alarm is executed there is no screen option to shut the dog up.
3. Cleared all alarm settings and the dog still barks.
4.Went into registry and deleted all alarm settings related to "Dogbark.wav"
5.Tried after market File Manager utility; however, the Dog wave file is set as "ROM" and can't be deleted.
6.Have done several soft resets after each step above. Last step is a hard reset which with hope someone can help me resolve this issue before wiping everything out!

Thanks,

HP 6945
128 MB RAM

DOG BARKING IS DRIVING ME NUTS!

Brad Adrian
03-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Wow. With everything you've tried, I'm not sure that anything short of a hard reset will work. If you do a good backup first, hopefully restoring won't be TOO painful.

Good luck.

AESM
03-20-2007, 04:44 PM
HOW TO RESOLVE BARKING DOG ISSUE:

1. Only a hard reset resolved the issue. The first thing I did was to make sure no default alarm settings were enabled and then immediately backed up all custom settings to SD card via SK Tools.

2. DO NOT USE W5 DEFAULT ALARM "DOG BARK" or other DEFAULT W5 ALARMS!
It took awhile for them to get screwy, but they will eventually!

THOUGHTS:
For the heck of it,decided to try an experiment:

1. Full backup was made with W5 default alarms not enabled or set.
2. Soft reset and enabled default W5 Dog Bark alarm.
3. Dog returned barking as usual.
4. Performed SK Tools Restore
5. All custom settings returned and doggie was gone.

Love SK Tools! Takes about an hour to personally customize your pocket pc, and if these settings are lost it only takes about 3 minutes to restore all custom settings! Wish I would of backed up my pocket pc settings along time ago, that way a hard reset would of been no big deal. However, learning about this pocket pc software one day at a time!

Personally, now I am too afraid to enable any default alarm within HP 6945. Spoke with HP tech support regarding this issue; however, it seemed their technical advise came from reading a manual with no common sense to this issue. Microsoft included.

It seems the best tech or shopping advice comes from folks like ourselves that are into Pocket PC's.

8)