View Full Version : DST rescheduled all of my appointments.

Rocky2
03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I have a Samsung SPH i700 running Windows Mobile 2003. I installed the DST patch last week. It properly advanced the clock by 1 hour.

It also changed the time of all of my appointments by 1 hour. I have a meeting tonight at 7:00 pm, which now appears on my calendar as 8:00 pm. All of my recurring appointments have also been changed. Is this problem common?

Should I simply edit every appointment, or should I adjust the time zone on my PDA?

Relative to that, I just checked the time zone setting. The displayed time is correct (in Eastern Daylight Time), but the time zone is set to GMT-5 Eastern US. Eastern Daylight Time is GMT-4. Shouldn't the DST patch have set this correctly?

baker
03-13-2007, 01:47 AM
1. Install on the PC 2. then to the PPC 3. then on the PPC change to the time zone to something else, then change it back to the correct time zone. If you did 1. and later did 2. or did 2. and later did 1. or didn't do 3. you may have to change'em all. Mine goofed as well as I was syncing between a server at work and my PC at home. I still have a few to move. Sorry I can't be of more help.

rocky_raher
04-02-2007, 03:15 AM
This weekend, when DST was originally supposed to go into effect, Microsoft's Calendar on my PDA changed all of my appointments again, this time moving them an hour ahead.

For example, I have a recurring appointment at 9:00 am every weekday. On March 11, the DST patch adjusted the clock, and it very thoughtfully moved my appointment to 10:00 am. I had to manually edit every recurring appointment to correct this one-hour adjustment. I overlooked a haircut appointment, which I was thus an hour late for.

Now this weekend, that 9:00 appointment has been automaticall moved to 8:00, and I have to manually correct every recurring appointment AGAIN!!

Hey, Microsoft, two words: quality control.

Sven Johannsen
04-03-2007, 05:39 AM
Check out the time zone update tool
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/en-us

It provides a way to fix just such problems