View Full Version : HP 6945 Speaker Amp: Not loud enough

AESM
03-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Does anyone know of software that increases the speaker volume on pocket HP 6945?

Using Co-Pilot software and the street direction commands are highly amplified! Therefore, the volume for speaker phone can be amplified. However, Co Pilot techs are not aware of any 3rd party software for pocket pc to increase volume of speaker phone.

I hear there is software for TREO 700; however, so far can't find anything for my pocket pc.

Thanks!

Richard76
03-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know of any software but I can confirm your thoughts that the iPaq could use some more volume...or a better speaker. I just moved over from a TyTN and I notice a big difference in loudness. The TyTN was much louder when playing voice navigation instructions.

Luckily, I have an old Arkon Multimedia Powered Mount that I dug out to use with my iPaq. It has a plug that plugs into your cigarette lighter, a USB power cable that runs from the mount to the device, and a built-in speaker with a cable that runs from the mount to the device as well.

This is ideal for SatNav as you always want to be charging the device while using the GPS anyway and the external speaker is quite loud compared to the iPaq built-in speaker. In fact, if I have my stereo off or just on low, I usually turn the volume on the external speaker down to about half. I do turn it up louder if I have the stereo playing louder.