View Full Version : Can't install software on Treo 750

rickl750
03-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi Guys,
About two weeks ago I purchased a Treo 750 and I’m very happy with it. I’ve been trying a couple of applications to improve the functionality and I’ve been able to install and remove without issues until now. I can’t seem to install any more software and I keep getting errors and eventually it tells me it’s been installed successfully but, it has not been installed. I have removed all the old test software but can’t install new software and when I go to the remove software option it shows that I don’t have any software installed, including SPB mobile that I’m currently using as my today screen. Any, assistance will be appreciated.

Rick :cry:

P.S. I’ve done a soft and hard resets without success.

JesterMania
03-07-2007, 03:09 AM
You're going to have to be much more specific telling us exactly what happened. For example, you say you are getting "errors" so exactly what kind of errors are you getting? Any error messages - or what does your device do when you get an "error"? And what do you mean by "test software" and how do you know you can't install anymore software? Please give us a more detailed account of exactly what you're experiencing.

rickl750
03-07-2007, 03:49 PM
JesterMania,
The error is "failed to install software". "Test software" meaning a trial version of software I'm evaluating. I can't install anymore software because it all fails with the same error.
I'm sorry for the lack of detail. I was able to resolve the issue by doing a "Master reset" and restore the device to original factory setting. I'm now able to install software and do whatever without issues.

Thank you for your assistance. :D

Rick

Warning: for those of you that might have to do this type of reset, make sure you save your contacts and any other information you want to keep. A “Master reset” wipes everything out.
8O

JesterMania
03-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Glad you got everything sorted out, I know not all software plays well together and it took me time to find the best combination of software to use.