View Full Version : ipaq h3800 series cant connect wireless

rick99
03-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Can anyone help me connect my h3800 ipaq to my home internet via wireless. i am having issues connecting.
any help would be appreciated.

rick

Nurhisham Hussein
03-05-2007, 02:35 AM
Hi rick, welcome to PPCT.

What kind of issues are you experiencing? Some details of your wifi setup would be great.

rick99
03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
The issue i'm having is not being able to log into my home internet via wireless router. I have a wireless card attached to my ipaq h3800 series, i have played with the internet settings (think there are 3 diff settings) and no luck. Each time it connects it tries to dial out via modem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nurhisham Hussein
03-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Each time it connects it tries to dial out via modem.

That tells me right there that you've got the wrong network settings configured. Problem is, I can't really guide you as to where the problem might lie, as I've never had any experience with a PPC2002 device - or has your's been upgraded to WM2003?

rick99
03-08-2007, 03:23 PM
i agree, but i could not find the option that says connect using modem or wireless devise. Do you have this same model? I know i can delete the current settings (not of use) and set up a new connection but my problem is not seeing the option to check "connect using wireless device". When i insert my wireless card it detects it but that’s it. Under connection settings I would have thought it would list it there as an option to connect using the wireless card. What am I missing, or doing wrong.

rick99
03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
been upgraded to WM2003[quote]

how do i check this on my device? I just got this device as a gift and have never used it before.

Cybrid
03-09-2007, 12:33 AM
I've got every version from PPC 2000 to WM5 in active service. Maybe I can help with the minor details.

To check version, Start> Settings>system> about

For the 2003 OS: Al Jarvi's excellent guide
http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/Connection_Manager/ConnectionManager.html

For the 2002 OS:
The three options:

When needed, auto...Internet using these settings. Work settings
When needed, auto...Work using these settings. Work settings
My network card connects to: Work

Those settings will not save unless you hit connect and then ok out.

The wireless card=network card.
You will need to find the network card utility/ driver for the card and in there configure the network settings.

scan for wifi/ ssid
get the driver to connect to your router
input encryption key if used. (recommended)
Obtain a valid ip address either through the driver utility of the free VxIPConfig from www.cam.com

PPC 2002 is before WiFi got "famous" therefore you will need to manually configure it every time you use a new hotspot.

If you get stuck let me know.

rick99
03-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Cybird

I will give this a try and let you know. Sounds like the device needs to be told to look, not so much auto detect. I think i understand. I will follow your guide provide and let you know. thanks for sharing the details.