View Full Version : Thoughts Readers Must Be REALLY Smart...

Brad Adrian
02-24-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't read or participate in many public forums, except for a few mobility-related ones. So I was REALLY amazed when I entered a forum created to discuss a TV show (I was wondering who the narrator was.)

Wow. I couldn't believe the amount of "texting laziness" and downright yukky grammar that's used elsewhere. It made me realize once and for all how bright and articulate Thoughts readers generally are!

I know that we all use abbreviations from time to time, but it sure makes it more fun for me (the son of an English professor) when I see how well-written and coherent the posts on PocketPC Thoughts are!

Jacob
02-24-2007, 06:45 PM
wer jist not l33t enuff!

Is that proper l33t talk? I think there was a real word in there.

I'm not sure if we're all that smart, but most of us are out of the age range where the degradation of the language into IM talk has truly begun.

There was an article about a school in New Zealand (I think someone posted about it here) that started accepting essays using it.

Language evolves, but I hope we're not devolving into grunting.

Paul Martin
02-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Honestly, Brad, I get rather spoiled. Then I visit other forums...yikes! I left 8th grade a long time ago, so I'd rather not wade through posts with that mentality. We have a great group of posters in the Thoughts community.

JesterMania
02-26-2007, 12:36 AM
Yes, these forums a very nice and easy to read. I remember reading another forum for about 15 minutes, then leaving quickly as I felt my IQ slowly draining. I never really understood why people write as they do with all those short-forms and 1337-speak. I grew up with IM myself when I was in grade school, but never picked up any of that lingo because it just degrades the quality of my posts/messages.

isajoo
02-26-2007, 03:48 PM
i think its because everyone is trying to keep up to Menneisyys's standards. but no one comes close. but it definitely is weird read IM language.