View Full Version : Tasks sync one day off

Jason Lee
02-21-2007, 02:43 AM
Strange problem here.
I think it has to do with the recent DST patches and such.

I sync with a local PST file and with the exchange server at work.

If i create a task with a due date on my pocket pc and then sync it shows as being due one day earlier on my pc. The pocket pc and the exchange server both have the correct date.

The same thing happens if i create a task on the pc then sync it is one day later on the PPC and the exchange server.

I have verified all the timezone setting and time are correct. I even created and appointment and an all day appointment just to test. Those show up just fine in all three places. It only appears to be a problem with tasks.

Most of my old tasks (created before the DST patch) are still on the same date in all three places but not all.
Also I do have one task that was recently created that is on the correct date everywhere.. I am not sure why.

My PC is running vista and office 2007.

Anyone else having this problem?

Jason Lee
02-21-2007, 03:06 AM
so after playing more and messing up all my tasks things work a little different.

If i create the task on the PPC it is still one day off..
If i create it on the PC is will sync correctly...
If i edit the task that i created on the pocket pc on the PC and chage the date to what is is on the ppc it makes the sycn animation but doesn't change the date on the ppc task so they all match now...

Very frustrating.

Darren Behan
04-15-2007, 05:49 AM
I am having the exact same problem:

Change Due Date on PC, both PPC & PC have the correct date.
Change the Due Date on the PPC (and/or create a new task), it doesn't automatically sync. If I force a sync then the Task on the PC is one day off. Seen a few posts on other sites about this but no one has offered an answer yet.

My time zones are exactly the same on the PC and PPC. All appointments are perfectly fine. Strange and very annoying. Any help would be very much appreciated.

db

Jason Lee
04-15-2007, 06:49 AM
sorry that you have the problem too but it is nice to know i'm not alone.

Still no solution here.

Darren Behan
04-15-2007, 03:25 PM
In the world of inconveniences, it's not up there very high. In the world of PPC inconveniences it really is for me cause I live and die by tasks.

It's an ugly, rainy day here in NJ so I'll probably put more time in and see what I can figure out. Judging from other posts and yours, not sure I'll get very far but it's worth a shot.

Appreciate the quick response.

db

Darren Behan
04-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Some good news. Found some software called PocketMirror Professional. You can find it here: http://www.chapura.com/pmp_wm.php ($49.95 but worth it if you use tasks as much as I do). It can take over syncing for Calendar, Contacts & Tasks in place of WMDC (I am only using it for Tasks) but it works - dates show up as they should completely seemlessly. You basically stop having ActiveSync/WMDC deal with tasks and let this software do it. It's intended purpose is to allow you to sync additional folders vs. the standard ones allowed by ActiveSync/WMDC but it sorts this issue and that's all I needed. They have a 7 day free trial so I suggest giving it a go.

One minor caveat though; follow the installation instructions closely. It's not a big deal but you can end up create some dupes when you install it. After that is seems to run fine.

$50 lighter in the wallet but it seems to solve the problem. Hope this helps.

db

Jason Lee
04-21-2007, 07:23 AM
aahh. So it appears that it is a WMDC problem. maybe they will release a fix soon. For the moment I think I will just live with the day off problem as my pc is only for backing up my data. All my PIM is done from my ppc.

Thanks for the tip! :)

Jason Lee
06-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Good news for those still watching. It appears that WMCD version 6.1 fixes this problem!

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=437421&sid=967bbbb5b6ed77a6111b68c4f25c8080

Darren Behan
06-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Yep, just popped in to let you know as well, Jason. Damn fine community we have here.

db