View Full Version : hx2495, Blackjack and Bluetooth

expediter
02-20-2007, 12:05 AM
I bought an Ipaq hx2495 intending to connect it to my phone, a Samsung Blackjack, via bluetooth for internet access which I can do with my laptop. I can pair it with my phone and exchange business cards however when I attempt to set up data access it tells me that no services are running on the phone. On my laptop I can connect using bluetooth PAN but not with the Ipaq. I have a bad feeling that it's not possible :( Any suggestions?

Nurhisham Hussein
02-20-2007, 06:07 PM
The profile required is actually Dial-up networking, not PAN. Is your iPaq using the Microsoft bluetooth stack or the Broadcomm/Widcomm stack? The MS stack lacks PAN but might have DUN, the Broadcomm has both.

expediter
02-21-2007, 02:10 AM
The profile required is actually Dial-up networking, not PAN. Is your iPaq using the Microsoft bluetooth stack or the Broadcomm/Widcomm stack? The MS stack lacks PAN but might have DUN, the Broadcomm has both.

It appears that it has the MS stack. Unfortunately the phone doesn't support DUN over bluetooth, only PAN so I guess I'm out of luck :(

Spudley112
02-23-2007, 04:18 AM
I just paired my hx2795 with my LG CU500 via Bluetooth a few days ago. I had some trouble at first because I was not using what Cingular calls "PDA Connect." What service provider do you use?

expediter
02-23-2007, 05:50 PM
I just paired my hx2795 with my LG CU500 via Bluetooth a few days ago. I had some trouble at first because I was not using what Cingular calls "PDA Connect." What service provider do you use?

Cingular. I have their unlimited PDA data plan. Your phone probably supports DUN, the blackjack doesn't.

Spudley112
02-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I am not very familiar with the details of the connection or connection type. I was just curious about the experience of others in this area.

At least the blackjack is multifunctional in its own right. I hope all works out well for you.