View Full Version : Unable to log in to bank website with WM5

blueknight
02-19-2007, 01:47 AM
I recently bought an HP ipaq 6955 to use on the road. In particular I wanted to be able to use the wi-fi capability to do my on-line banking. Much to my dismay, when I try to log in, I get the message that my bank's site only works with IE7. Is there a work around for this or have I not set my phone up properly or am I not going to be able to log-in?

Nurhisham Hussein
02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
There're are two issues here really:

1. IE mobile is reporting the IE4.0 user-agent string - this is hackable, and there are tweak programs that cn do it for you. However, it's just one step that needs to be taken, as IE Mobile support for javascript is really poor. So even if you change the user-agent string, you still might not be able to log in.

2. You will most likely need to get a new browser anyway for script support. The two I'd recommend are Opera Mobile, and Access NetFront.

blueknight
02-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the reply. I tried Opera but my bank's website rejected it. I took the phone back to the store and got a refund.
I definitley need a phone that uses IE7. Got any ideas?

isajoo
02-20-2007, 09:53 AM
dont worry you will have your solution in the next 5-8 years, based on microsofts lame attempts at updating software requirements. j/k...best thing to do is change banks...well just maybe contact them and ask if they have support for mobile browsing. out of 5 of the different banks i use my ppc to check balances and pay bills...only 1 site does not support my ppc. all others work, even without hacks. there is an app that u can download for ppcs called thunderHAWK(forgot the name)...which is suppose to support ALL sites to work like desktop pcs. but it comes at a cost, around $30 a month. too much for me. but you may need it.
google it, they also have a 30 day trial to test if its worth.

blueknight
02-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the input. It's a real nuisance. You can't change bank as easily anymore. I use the TD and its site doesn't like Pocket pc's. To change banks these days is a real problem I find.

Nurhisham Hussein
02-20-2007, 06:04 PM
blueknight, did you try changing the user-agent string for Opera? You can spoof the site into thinking that you're suing IE7 this way (I know NetFront has this capability built-in as an option you can use, I'm not sure about Opera).

blueknight
02-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Sounds interesting. Can you call me at xxx xxx xxxx?

juni
02-21-2007, 06:28 AM
If you also post the address to your bank along with your username and password I'll see if it works for me. ;)

(just kidding, never post those)

isajoo
02-21-2007, 07:00 AM
Sounds interesting. Can you call me at 416 *** ****?

also dont post your private info like phone#, email, password. lots of spammers on the web.

just send a PM to whom ever you like to chat with further.

that area code is toronto. i am in in TO.and TD bank works fine for me on my ppc.

try this link

https://easyweb.tdcanadatrust.com/

only thing that is weird is that the screen is not really full screen by default...but you can simply tap/hold the bottom bar and drag to the bottom.

same will work from pc browser.

if it does not work try on of the following links.

link 1
http://www.bitstream.com/wireless/downloads/th_wm5/TH.gs_v4arm.CAB
try this out...i think its a 30 day trial version.

link 2
http://download.softpedia.com/dl/ad40736897675cb047d0df24f4dc91a6/45dbdfd2/400010164/pda/Internet%20Utilities/Browsers/NF33PPC3ARENR106D.zip
this one is 45 day trial.

blueknight
02-21-2007, 02:02 PM
What model of pocket PC are you using?

blueknight
02-21-2007, 08:54 PM
I just bought an ipaq travel companion with WM5. Tried to access TD. Still no luck. What are you using to access TD?

Nurhisham Hussein
02-22-2007, 04:34 AM
Sounds interesting. Can you call me at xxx xxx xxxx?

blueknight, isajoo is quite right - please don't post personal information of this nature. I've deleted the numbers in your posts. If you want to contact any of us directly, use the PM button at the bottom of every post. In my case, that would be an international call, so I wouldn't have done so anyway.