View Full Version : My bluetooth connection keeps dropping out.

Ecologist
02-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Hi all
I've been using a HP 4700 and a Global Sat BT 338 GPS for my field work for the past 18 months. I use a portable GIS system (ArcPad or Mobile Map, depending on my clients needs) to track information while I'm walking around in the bush.
Mostly it works a treat, but I have always has a problem where the BT connection between my PDA and GPS drops out every 30 mins or so. I normally just re-establish the connection and get on with things, but seeing the large pool of minds in this forum, I wondered if this is normal or have I not set something up properly in the first place. It's always done it and it doesn't seem to be dependant on the no of satelites or the strength of the receiving signal. I've recently just spent 23 days straight mapping things in a remote location and its beginning to really bug me.
is this just the ways things are or is there something i need to do to rectify this annoyance. :confused totally:
Thanks for any suggestions.
Cheers

Cybrid
02-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi all
I've been using a HP 4700 and a Global Sat BT 338 GPS for my field work for the past 18 months.
Mostly it works a treat, but I have always has a problem where the BT connection between my PDA and GPS drops out every 30 mins or so.
Thanks for any suggestions.
CheersIf it does it on a regular timed basis, it could be a power save setting? I'm just guessing there but given the symptoms it should be the first place to look.