View Full Version : Windows Mobile 6 iPAQ?

hummingbirdhill
02-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Yo, after waiting several months for something "new" in an iPAQ, I just purchased an hx2495 to replace my 3 year old 5455. I haven't even opened the box yet---and read today that WinMob6 is on its way.

Can anyone here try to predict for me how long it will be before an iPAQ with WM6 will be on the market?

I need to decide whether or not to return this 2495 and wait for the new OS!

hummingbirdhill

ADBrown
02-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Two months at the earliest, maybe more like three or four to see anything based on WM6. We may get a better idea early next week, as there may be some announcements around the intended time of the launch (which was supposed to be Feb 12th). As for iPaqs specifically, it's anybody's guess when or if they're going to bring out anything other than very marginal PPC phones.

Smokey Joe
02-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Don't hold your breath waiting for HP to release a new iPaq with WM6.
They have just released a number of WM5 models so i can't see a WM6 device from hp any time soon. But you never know.

iPaq 3630, 3970 4150, 5550, and 5965 Travel Companion.

hummingbirdhill
02-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Thank you for your replies, Guys! According to the latest reviews, ya'll are right---the first hardware will be out during Q2.

I have just one more question for someone who has tried the beta: Will WM6 hardware come with a CF slot? Or only SD? Or does that depend on the OEM? (All my stuff from my old iPAQ is on CF---which I use with both my digital cams too, and I'd rather not have to invest in a different type of mem card).

ADBrown
02-09-2007, 05:51 PM
I have just one more question for someone who has tried the beta: Will WM6 hardware come with a CF slot? Or only SD? Or does that depend on the OEM?

It will depend entirely on the manufacturer.

delfuhd
02-13-2007, 05:30 AM
Frankly, i'm dissapointed because I've been waiting for new pocket pc's, but it seems like everyone's giving up! I've had a 2215 since it came out, where's a new ipaq? sure they just came out with a bunch, but the only one with VGA was the 4700, and thats costs more than 500 beans! and who knows if HP will ever offer a WM6 upgrade. cmon! where's asus been with a new mind-blowingly good pocket pc?? why is toshiba coming back with pocket pc phones? :?

i just really hope the market standard doesn't shift completely to ppc phones, retired ppcs all together. I've been slowly drifting away from the pda field because of this shift.. heck i cant even remember hwen my last post here was...

im lookin for a 2215 with a vga screen... cmon HP!

bkerrins
02-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Since my HW6945 is only a few months old...any chance that HP will be offering an upgrade to WM6.0? I suspect that I'm not the only one or HP model that wants to see the upgrade.

Darius Wey
02-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Since my HW6945 is only a few months old...any chance that HP will be offering an upgrade to WM6.0? I suspect that I'm not the only one or HP model that wants to see the upgrade.

Uncertain. We'll need to wait for an official announcement from HP. Unfortunately, they're not too good at that sort of stuff. ;)