View Full Version : Directpush is slow.. help!

bsic
02-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi,

My directpush email is taking 7-10 min to get to my cingular 8525. This seems too slow! Im using SSL, and have activesync set to sync as items arrive. I have timed it using WIFI and 3G both, same delays.

Is there anything i can check? This defeats the purpose of push email if it is this slow.

Thanks!

Jon Westfall
02-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Does Activesync take 7-10 minutes to complete or does it take 7-10 minutes to start activesync after you send yourself a test message? If Activesync is taking 7 - 10 minutes to complete on the device (i.e. the little icon is spinning, the progress bar is inching along), then I'd think there is something on the device slowing it down. Try uninstalling any third-party software you've installed, or try hard resetting and setting up the device again.

If Activesync simply isn't starting until 7 - 10 minutes after new items arrive, talk with your exchange administrator. They may not have their exchange box or firewall set to support the long time-outs that Direct Push requires to work efficiently (Direct Push actually uses a HTTP connection that doesn't time out for 30 - 60 minutes to send the signal to sync). If you're one of the few people in your organization to use push email, it just may be a misconfiguration on their end.

Jon.

bsic
02-02-2007, 07:12 PM
figured it out-- i just deleted and recreated the partnership, and now email arrives instantly... strange.