View Full Version : Anyone use Zagat 4.0 or later for PPC?

doughboy
01-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Has anyone purchased Zagat 4.0 or later? If so, can you please advise whether the software and reviews still operate on the stand alone PPC after the subscription expires? I understand I will not be able to obtain updated reviews but want to ensure the software is still able to access the previous (saved to hard drive) reviews after subscription expiration.

doughboy
01-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I just received a response from Handmark support and discovered that Zagat-To-Go is a 100% subscription based product. When the 1 yr. Subscription expires, you cannot even read the “old” reviews/content saved to the device/hard drive.

I guess I will not be making this purchase.

disconnected
01-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I discovered that when my subscription expired while I was on a trip, unfortunately.

I was pretty annoyed, but I renewed anyway. On the one hand, the paper books never expire, but, on the other hand, you can get every guide that they have for the price of maybe a couple of the paper books, even if it's only for a year. I guess if you travel very much it balances out, sort of.

My main problem right now is that I upgraded to the latest version, and it doesn't really support VGA screens, so I'll probably have to revert back to version 4.