View Full Version : Pocket PC <=> SideShow (ScreenDUO)

stlbud
01-25-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm looking for SideShow (Asus - ScreenDUO) functionality in my Pocket PC while it is docked. I would like to be able to select widgets that show different information and display it on my Pocket PC. They would only be active while docked but as in SideShow still show information after my PC is off or the Pocket PC is disconnected.

Does anyone know where I could find something like this?

Developers, are you working on something like this?

My only reservation in suggesting this is that I won't be updating to Vista any time soon but would like my Pocket PC act as an extension of my PC while docked.

Thank you,

Sven Johannsen
01-25-2007, 01:52 AM
There actually is somnething like this already but darned if I can rememeber wghat it is called. It acts as a 'second monitor'for your XP machine and at that point you can drag widgets (konfabulator, yahoo) to the small screen. You could open IM on it as well, or something else.

To my knowledge though, no-one has created a Pocket PC as Sideshow display for Vista. Sideshow is really designed to be like the external display on your cell phone, on steroids. Seems like soom great potential. I'd love the today screen of my PPC instantly available on laptop, so I wouldn't need to boot it to see my next appointment or if I had new mail.

stlbud
01-25-2007, 03:40 AM
Now that I've found some of the SideShow information, I see that Microsoft intends to use PPCs as SideShow devices (along with many other display devices). I still need something that will work with Windows XP.

You're right, Sven, there is a program that allows the PPC to act as an auxiliary monitor. I've tried it but didn't like it because it - Had to be set up every time. (i.e. didn't remember setup from previous sessionWas V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W with my setup

mscdex
01-25-2007, 10:00 PM
I've used Innobec SideWindow (http://www.innobec.com/en/index.php) before on my ipaq h4350 without any problems. Worked pretty decently, too bad my PPC has QVGA :P