View Full Version : New service for Windows Mobile devices

mobmax
01-23-2007, 11:08 PM
I just stumbled across this great new service for Windows Mobile devices users, called mDigger (www.mdigger.com). mDigger is still in beta and delivers what it calls “web information sources” (WebPages, RSS feeds, images, etc.) to mobile devices and displays them in a format tailored to the screen size, resolution, navigation capabilities, etc. of a particular device type. Better yet, the service is free.

mDigger uses special applications to select information from Internet sources and transform it into channels that relay the info to your device. It’s different than say, AvantGo, in that the information selection can be better customized with several layers of drill-downs, etc. This lets you focus more on the info you really want instead of just being able to view a full mini-version of a regular WebPage. After registering with the Service, you can create a favorites list of channels and have them delivered to your mobile device. The information can be viewed offline (with the mDigger client application called mDigger Reader) or online (with the aid of your device’s web browser). The client application provides a nice information browsing experience among the channels and permits an easy and quick update of the channels. You don’t ever having to sync with your desktop or laptop, and you can register, modify channel selections, etc., all directly from your mobile device.

For me it’s definitely an improvement over trying to search and scroll through websites that are not formatted for mobile devices. I think the key to having the service become one of my favorites is the assortment of channels it offers. mDigger already offers a lot more channels than any US mobile operator does, and if it can keep its selection growing rapidly, I think I will be able to get most of what I am looking for through their service.

By the way, mDigger also provides developers with free tools, etc. and is actively seeking new channel requests from users via their forum.

Have any of you tried this service yet, and if so, what do you think of it?

EmporerEJ
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Not yet, But I'm gonna look into it, as I'm looking for a way to distribute content to pocket PCs et all.