View Full Version : Does your wi-fi terminate your GPRS connection when Push enabled?

floepie
01-18-2007, 07:13 PM
OK, here's the story. Now that I no longer need a proxy server for my GPRS connection, oddness has ensued between simultaneous wifi and GPRS connections.

This post is only aimed at those who have both Exchange Server Push email enabled *and* a GPRS provider which *doesn't* require the entry of a proxy server.

What happens when I hit a link in PIE using a wifi connection, I will see a "connecting..." at the bottom of the screen. What happens during this time is that the GPRS connection will be terminated, and after this stage, PIE will report that it is "locating..." and finally, the "opening..." stage. It's the first "connectiing..." stage that never occured before using the wifi connection, and I believe that during this time, my wifi connection must take over the GPRS connection for some reason.

After the page completely loads, the GPRS connection (due to the Push Email) will be restablished, only to be terminated once again when I move on to the next link in PIE - and the cycle continues.

Again, this behavior did not show up until I was able to use a direct, proxy-less GPRS connection.

Can anyone else check to see if this happens on your devices by looking at the 'time connected' for your GPRS connection between PIE page loads?

floepie
01-23-2007, 02:32 AM
TTT