View Full Version : Best MP3 software for one-handed operation?

jasonc
01-11-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm looking for decent MP3/WMA/OGG playback software that supports full one handed operation similar to the iPod, iPhone, or Zune. Yes, there is plenty of MP3 software out there that offers one handed operation, but when it comes to browsing/selecting your music collection stored on your CF/SD cards, they all seem to fall short visually and usually require you to whip out your stylus at some point.

Is there any MP3 that offers a GUI that even remotely compares to the iPod, iPhone, or Zune? Can I pull up an album list, sort by title, artist, filename, etc. while I have one hand on the steering wheel and my PocketPC in the other hand?

djpandora
01-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I use my Tweak Skin (http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=19625) with Media Player and a registry hack to increase playlist font size for easy finger use.

Josh McKinney
Lead Designer
Twisted Pixels Multimedia

jasonc
01-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Looks like Pocket Music offers most of what I was looking for. They've got a pretty slick cascading menu thing that lets you browse your music library by Artist, Album, etc.

Does anybody know of other MP3 software has a library browsing option similar to Pocket Music?

Darius Wey
01-13-2007, 03:31 AM
Does anybody know of other MP3 software has a library browsing option similar to Pocket Music?

Conduits Pocket Player offers similar (at times, better) functionality, though the default Pocket Music skin is focused more on one-handed operation.

isajoo
01-15-2007, 10:13 AM
link
http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14162

i use this when using one hand and to tease people into thinking its an iPOD.

jasonc
01-16-2007, 08:54 PM

Conduits Pocket Player offers similar (at times, better) functionality, though the default Pocket Music skin is focused more on one-handed operation.

Actually, I meant Pocket Player, not Pocket Music. I'm not sure if Pocket Music has library browsing functionality.