View Full Version : Ringtones for PPC 6700

LBI
01-11-2007, 04:46 AM
I'm a new proud owner of a PPC-6700. Never had a ppc before and of course I have incurred my first major issue already. I have successfully use my device as a MP3 player but I want to use my songs as ring tones. I figured out how to that but my short list of ringtones was taking too much memory on my device's memory so I tried to copy the Windows/Ring file from My Device to my s :D torage card (1GB) to save memory but i couldn't get to work. Any ideas anyone?

that_kid
01-11-2007, 03:21 PM
The ringtones need to be in a folder named "my documents' on your storage card. Now that I told you that I have to tell you that putting the files on the storage card of the 6700 will be bad. The 6700 has an issue with accessing the storage card at powerup so when the phone awakens for a call sometimes you will get lockups and/or late ringing notifications. You may want to use a lower bitrate mp3 or wma for ringtones and keep the song length down to around 20-30 seconds.

LBI
01-11-2007, 04:12 PM
First, I looked on the storage card and I don't have a my documents folder in there. Second, where can i find low bitrate Mp3 than 128 and or wma ringtones. Thanks for the reply.

Cybrid
01-12-2007, 07:40 AM
First, I looked on the storage card and I don't have a my documents folder in there. Second, where can i find low bitrate Mp3 than 128 and or wma ringtones. Thanks for the reply. make the folder and re-encode the songs at the lower bitrate. :idea: :wink: