View Full Version : Handango having issues today?

applejosh
01-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I just tried (twice) to purchase Microsoft's Voice Commander for testing for our office. Both times the purchase "timed out" but my bank account is now $79.98 lighter. (Yes, I sent a note to Handango for which they'll probably either never respond or wait until next week, at least that's been my experience when contacting them in the past.) Anyone else had issues today? (And as a precaution, I wouldn't buy anything from them for a little while.)

(This is not meant to start an anti-Handango flame war. I don't particularly like them either, but Microsoft has crowned them distributor of the Voice Commander.)

applejosh
01-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Just as a follow up, I have now officially been dinged TWICE for a software package I did not receive from Handango, and as usual, no one over there has had the courtesy to respond to my customer care request (but they did mark it as solved in an automatic email to me). This is absolutely ridiculous.

How the heck can a company like this continue to exist? (Oh yeah, that whole monopolistic tendency thing...)

:evil:

The PocketTV Team
02-12-2007, 05:50 AM
almost every day we see duplicate orders of our applications through handango, where people get charged twice or more for purchasing one product.

when we notice this, we ask handango to refund the duplicate charges.

it is clearly an issue with handango. we told them about the problem several times, but they don't seem to be in a big hurry to fix it (and it's a bug that plays in their advantage when people don't notice the duplicate charges).

we told them that they should detect the situation where a duplicate order is placed for the same product, and with the same user email, and treat it as a duplicate. but the problem still happens several times every week, and we've seen that for months.

all the other resellers have safeguards to prevent accidental duplicate orders.