View Full Version : Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP

stlbud
01-06-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Media Player 11 for Windows XP isn't still in beta. Or worse, is it just a hack that won't be functional unless we all upgrade to Vista. These are just some of the problems I've had.

Sync
Can't find a storage card in your PDA. You shouldn't have to manipulate system files/folders to make it work.
It forgot how to sync with older devices. Come on! Is this just something someone forgot or is this a blatant attempt to force people to abandon their devices?

Tags
No longer supports editing a group of tags at once.
Loses images that have been previously added. Then they suddenly appear when you try to add another image. Now you've got two and have to delete one.
Tags disappear then reappear if you change something else??!!??

Play lists
Magically appear and vanish at will. Then you try to remake a play list with the same name as your old one; it complains that you already have one of that name. Meanwhile it secretly reveals the missing play list just to embarrass you.

There's more but I won't bore you with the details. I know others have had similar problems. I've rolled back to Media Player 10. (Glad that worked, for the most part). I miss the album art but don't miss the headaches.