View Full Version : WinCE 4.2 running on Evesham Nav-Cam 7500 GPS

cthorn
01-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Hi there - thanks for taking the time to read this.

Background

I recently acquired an Evesham Nav-Cam 7500 satellite navigation system (see here (http://www.evesham.com/navcam/default.asp?e=EBA80EB7-3018-4497-9FA0-564D7E31D6A2)).

This system runs WinCE 4.2 (the system information says the following: OS version: WINCE_4.2 TW, ROM version: 1.00.19, Bootloader version: 0.27).

When the unit is powered on, a screen appears with four large buttons - one for the AA Navigator software, one for an MP3 player, one for a photo viewer and one for the 'control panel.'

The unit uses a 1GB SD card. Without the SD card in you can still get to the start-up screen with the four buttons, but if you try and open anything other than the control panel it asks you for the SD card.

My query

I have an old iPaq PDA with TomTom software on it on an SD card. I'd like to get the TomTom software running on the Evesham Nav-Cam. I just get the impression that there must be some way to 'unlock' the WinCE operating system on the Nav-Cam to allow me to run different WinCE programs from the SD card.

Is this possible? If so, where do I start looking for information on the subject? I've had a good search of the net, but without a bit more specific knowledge, I'm not really sure what I'm searching for.

Many thanks for your time,

Chris Thorn

atariking
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Hello,

I have a Nav-Cam 7000 unit and I do not have the SD card that has the software on it - bought it as an open box return at Sam's Club - does anyone know where I can get a copy of it or could I use the software from my Navtour gps unit? Any help would be appreciated.

spud-2007
03-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Hi atariking
I have a few of these cards for the nav-cam loaded with the software.contact me [email protected]