View Full Version : 6600 to 6700 conversion has been a mess please help.

kwyle
12-29-2006, 04:42 PM
I installed activesync (from the included cd), plugged up my 6700 and tried to choose my last active sync under File (in the activesync program) then mobile device. None of my previous saves were shown. Since then, I've been getting error messages on my outlook and my outlook express is acting up. My outlook express has lost all the addresses that were on them. My outlook gets an error message about sending and receiving mesages. It states

0 of 1 tasks completed successfully
Task mail.optonline.net-Sending and Receiving reported error (ox8004210A): The operation timed out wating for a response fromt eh receiving (pop) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)

I beleive that somehow all of these are conected. I've already uninstalled activesync and reinstalled it. My main concern is getting my contacts on my 6700. If I uninstall outlook will I lose all the contact information? I'm feeling this is the reason for my problems. I've tried other forums and someone suggested saving my ptf for outlook and reinstalling it. I don't know how to do that, and don't want to make matters worse. Also When I hit start (for windows) it list two different Microsoft Outlooks. It shows Microsoft outlook and it also shows email in bold and Mirocsoft outlook in sort of a light colered font. The way Internet is shown in bold, and underneath it internet explorere is in a light colered font. I tried a repair and I'm still having the problems. I'm using windows xp. Please help.

Cybrid
12-31-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm afraid there's little choice left to you. You will need to back up your Outlook .pst. It isn't as complicated as it looks and the internet abounds with guides on how to do it.
As an added precaution by a large USB key (512+) and use the User State Migration Tool to back your XP profile and documents.
After that if things get baad...you won't have lost anything either.

kwyle
12-31-2006, 09:15 PM
I tried a reinstall of outlook express withou backing up anything, and I didn't lose anything. Unfortunately I'm still not getting my contacts on my 6700. The most recent developments are that my activesync is glowing green at the bottom of my computer like it's connected. My cell phone says that it's connected, but when I open up activesync. It says it's not connected. If I got into file than connection settings it won't give me the option to connect. I checked my ppc for error messages and it states that the server could not be reached. And it gives a support code of 0x80072EE2

kwyle
12-31-2006, 09:46 PM
I found out tha the error code was because of my firewall, and now it's connected properly. Thanks for you help.