View Full Version : Help please! Java-based webpages and midlet manager

jmprgrl74
12-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I got a new smartphone for Christmas, a HTC Wizard (also known as an Imate K-jam) so am experiencing growing pains from trying to learn how to use it. Help would be much appreciated. I've gotten the basics down pretty well but am having a huge problem with something that I can't figure out. (Windows Mobile OS)

1. I finally found my midlet manager that I would see popup now and again while downloading buried deep in my files. Should it be there? Why don't I have an icon or something, should I? It's under:
"my devices/application data/tao/intent/app/ja/midlets/" then there's one file in it that says ".midlets"

2. I have an online class that I'm taking that I can't view the page on. I got the flash part of a previous page to work to get TO the page, but now it gives me an error on the one I'm trying to get to. It gives a 'bad file' error or some such (bad something...I can check if necessary) but the requirements for that class are that I have Sun Java 1.4 or greater. Is that included in the MIDlet Mgr or do I need to download that separate. If I do, where might I find it?

3. I know i'm in the wrong forum section for this, but while I'm picking your brains...anyone know how to get it to connect with my wireless first, THEN my carrier's internet if there's no wireless?

Thanks so much in advance!!!!!

Pamela

Cybrid
04-14-2007, 10:33 AM
1.Depending on the manufacturer's design decision.
2.There are several versions of Java. J2SE is for desktops and J2ME is for Pocket PC's. J2ME is a small subset of J2SE.
3.No. Due to the fact there are too many variables. What if there was an unknown WiFi AP that it didn't connect to and you got an unexpectedly large bill or it did connect to and your data was transmitted insecurely?