View Full Version : Problems Syncying Storage Card with Windows Media Player 11

rveronezi
12-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Hello folks...
Last week I've purchased a Moto Q Smartphone... Wich is awesome, and works really great... Also I bougth a MiniSD 1GB card, so it can serve me as a Mp3 Player also!

I'm using Windows Vista RTM (Ultimate) with Windows Mobile Device Center (in place of Active Sync) and Windows Media Player 11...

When I try to Sync media files inside Media Player, it only sees the internal memory of the Smartphone, and I didn't find any way to change to the Storage Card.

The Storage Card is working fine, I can see it inside explorer (as a separate "drive") and also I copied some Mp3 files to card directly via explorer... It works fine in the Device, in MP you set the library to the Storage Card, and then he finds the files and builds the library, just fine...

But I can't make it work inside Windows Media Player... Sync media files via explorer is awful... Does anyone knows how can I change it to the storage card inside Media Player?

Thanks People...

stlbud
01-04-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm having the same problem with my iPaq rx3715. It worked fine with Media Player 10 but Media Player 11 doesn't show the iPaq File Store or the Storage Card during sync.

Any one else find a solution to this?

Superstream
01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
On your Cingular 8525, click Start > File Explorer. Browse to your storage card, and click Menu > All Files. Delete the folder MSMETADATA. Using the stylus, poke the small hole on the bottom of your phone to perform a soft reset. In Media Player, click Menu > Update Library. You should now see both My Device and Storage Card listed in the library.

stlbud
01-06-2007, 12:58 AM
This didn't have any effect on my iPaq RX3715. It is running Windows Mobile 2003 SE and not Windows Mobile 5. In order to find the MSMETADATA I had to sync it then Explore it in ActiveSync. I also had to turn off the "Hide Operating System Files" in the Tools -> Options menu.

rsparrow
01-08-2007, 02:47 AM
I'm having the same issue with vista / media player 11 / and Motorola Q. I had reformated the storage card so there's no MSMETADATA dir. I've never seen that dir on that card in all my testing. Still can't get it to work after a reboot of the phone.

I've also tried the instructions from here: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/28840468/wmp11-and-windows-mobile.aspx . They did not work! Any thoughts?

R. Sparrow

stlbud
01-08-2007, 03:56 AM
I gave up. I don't think Media Player 11 is ready for prime time.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53286&highlight=

rsparrow
01-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Ahh... but on vista you don't have an option to roll back to WMP 10 like you did ;-)

stlbud
01-09-2007, 02:24 PM
but on vista you don't have an option to roll back to WMP 10

So true. Poor saps! :wink:

I hope you find a solution soon. Maybe it will be in an update. Windows XP might even be lucky enough to see it since you can't URGE with WMP 10.

Stokes
01-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm using XP Pro with WMP 11, ActiveSync 4.2, Cingular 8525 (HTC TyTN) running Windows Mobile 5.

I was having the exact same problem. WMP wouldn't recognize my storage card as a valid sync partner. It just wouldn't show up. I read various postings here and elsewhere and tried some of them, but here's what finally worked for me.

I went to File Explorer on my PDA. From the root (My Device) I went into the "Storage Card", and from there I deleted WMPInfo.xml, although in my (default) view the extension was hidden so it showed up as just "WMPInfo".

This is similar to what I found in a microsoft troubleshooting article about WMP 10 issues, http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/10/readme.aspx#150459,
which basically says that if you had a previous partnership with the storage card, WMP can get confused and you have to remove this file to kick it straight.

The thing is, I had already tried this from Explorer on my desktop, clicking through to the mounted storage card and removing that file. Not sure why, but that didn't work. But doing it from the handheld did work and I'm happy now.

Thought I'd post in case it helps someone else.

rsparrow
01-15-2007, 04:39 PM
I’ve tried all the above suggestions and they did not work. After that I tried the following:

On the phone go to Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC
From there uncheck the “Enable advanced network functionality”

That enabled Media Player to see my storage card BUT it’s VERY slow. Takes hours to sync stuff.

R. Sparrow

rsparrow
01-15-2007, 04:39 PM
I’ve tried all the above suggestions and they did not work. After that I tried the following:

That enabled Media Player to see my storage card BUT it’s VERY slow. Takes hours to sync stuff.

R. Sparrow

jjarvis3
01-21-2007, 05:35 AM
Go to file explorer > storage card > MSMETADATA and delete the MSMETADATA folder.....soft reset. Take out the card and go to Settings > system > Memory....then insert the storage card and you will be prompted to update the storage card....tap YES and you should be straight from this point on....

Jarvis J

wancell
01-28-2007, 10:27 PM
I have followed the above suggestion and no luck.
Help!

Since I can do do:
"Settings > system > Memory....then insert the storage card and you will be prompted to update the storage card....tap YES and you should be straight from this point on...."

As that is not on the Q

onlydarksets
02-12-2007, 03:29 AM

R. Sparrow

I'm in the same boat. I'm glad you at least found this "solution", as my DRM'd music collection had suddenly become useless.

Has there been any more progress on a real solution for this? Thanks!

mcddrums
02-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Im Running WIN XP, Media player 11 and have a T mobile MDA with Widows Mobile 5

I did exactly what Stokes says and Media player recognized my storage card as soon as I hit Refresh Devices. Previously I had also had exactly the same problem.