View Full Version : save calendar/contacts/e-mail to storage card?

rookcnu
12-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Is it possible to save all of my calendar, contacts and e-mail data to my storage card? My Cingular 8125 is always running low in main memory and I am sure that a lot of it is from that.

If it is possible, how do you send it there?

Thanks!

Menneisyys
12-24-2006, 12:51 PM
You can't sorry. All you can do is backing up there, deleting from main memory and restoring when you do need it.

BTW, I'm ABSOLUTELY sure you could have MUCH more built-in storage memory if you installed all the storage card-friendly apps on the card. Review THOROUGHLY what's installed on your PDA and try to relocate everything possible.

Please also see my memory & relocation-related articles; I've published several of them on these matters.

rookcnu
12-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the reply Menneisyys!

I have just about all my third party apps installed on my 2gb mini sd card. This includes, Spb Diary2.0, Spb Insight, TCPMP among others.

I have almost 500 contacts in my phone (Cingular 8125) and my calendar, notes, and tasks are rather extensive. I save all word and excel documents on my storage card, so that isn't it.

Weird thing is that yesterday, I tried deleting contacts from my phone to see if that would free up some space and after each deleted contact, the amount of storage memory would decrease instead of increase. Very strange!

My phone says that I have 0.50 mb free in storage, 23.39 mb available in program. That would indicate to me that it is not the apps that I have on the phone,... even the one's installed to main memory. But then I will get these error messages saying I am extremely low on storage space and tells me to delete something. Then it will give me another message giving me an option of what to delete (i.e. calendar, contacts, phone, comm manager, etc.). These are all apps, yet it tells me that my program storage still has 23.39mb.

Confused!

Am I missing something?