View Full Version : My PPC screen turns off when receiving incoming call

masterppc
12-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi everyone,

I owe an O2 Xda mini PocketPC. I don't know what is wrong with it now. The screen always turns off when there is incoming call (it's just like you press the power button to turn off your phone). However, the screen is off, but the call was not cut off, the caller can hear the ringing beep. When I press the power button to turn it on, it restarts. It happens again and again cry.gif

Anyone here know what is wrong with my phone?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Nurhisham Hussein
12-15-2006, 01:39 AM
Hi masterppc, welcome to PPCT!

How long have you had your device? Have you thought of getting the battery replaced?

masterppc
12-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi masterppc, welcome to PPCT!

How long have you had your device? Have you thought of getting the battery replaced?

Hi there,

Thanks for replying. Well, it's exactly one year that I owe this device. I never thought of getting my battery changed. It happens to me quite often that I have to recharge the battery only once a week (i.e because I talk much on the phone :wink: ).

Are you thinking that the problem is from the battery life?

Regards,

Nurhisham Hussein
12-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Did you get it brand new or second hand? The reason I ask was that the XDA Mini is getting on to about two years now in the market (a lifetime in PDA terms) and with heavy use, the older models' batteries would be pretty close to end of life right about now. There could possibly also be a hardware fault, though it's best to look through all the alternatives before sending it in for servicing - that could get expensive.

masterppc
12-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Hi there,

I got it in the box, which was sealed. I got it here in Europe, the original stamps were all there.
I guess, this is about the battery life...

Regards,