View Full Version : ReInstall Win2005 on iPAQ device

justinseeko
12-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I am not able to boot the device as the device tries to install some .cab files and just hangs, someone had tried to do something with games software. Could anyone suggest how the device can be reset or how win2005 can be reinstalled on the device. Unfortunately i do not have the cd.

P.S I have already tried soft and the hard reset, discharging the battery and charging again...did not help

Darius Wey
12-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Perhaps you can share a couple of extra details: which particular iPAQ do you have, and do you know the ROM version your device is running?

justinseeko
12-14-2006, 05:46 AM
Hi Darius,

Im using hpx2750 series and am unable to check the ROM bios as the device does not boot and there is no way that I know of I would be able to get this info.

Nurhisham Hussein
12-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Could anyone suggest how the device can be reset or how win2005 can be reinstalled on the device. Unfortunately i do not have the cd.

There's no need to 'reinstall' WM5 - that's exactly what a hard reset does. Are you sure you did this correctly?

Darius Wey
12-15-2006, 07:09 AM
I'll echo Hisham's suggestion of ensuring that you've done a hard reset correctly.

On the hx2750, it involves holding down the Calendar, Messaging, and Power buttons, using your stylus to press the soft-reset button until the device restarts, and then releasing all four.