View Full Version : Stream audio from a pocket pc

fah
12-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi everybody,

I am trying to stream audio from a pocket pc. I am able to receive audio or video but no idea how to send audio. I tried to find a post in this forum about that but I have no luck.

Does anybody know how to stream audio from a ppc? or if there is any post about that, please send me the link (and sorry!).

Thanks a lot!!

Nurhisham Hussein
12-13-2006, 03:34 AM
Welcome to PPCT!

I don't believe what you're attempting to do is at all possible, if you're talking about over a network connection. It's possible with bluetooth but only to BT headsets.

Menneisyys
12-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately, tehre aren't any. The only PPC-based multimedia streaming app, CoolCamera (http://www.ateksoft.com/index.html) (also see my reviews if interested) isn't able to stream sound (yet?).

fah
12-13-2006, 01:43 PM
yes...I'm sorry... I think I should be a little bit more specific :P

I am developing something similar than a video conference. The PDA will receive video and audio and it will send just audio (not video). I am able to receive but not to send. I am having problems capturing the audio from the microphone and sending it. The connection is via internet. It also works in a Lan.

Thanks!!!

Menneisyys
12-13-2006, 01:47 PM
yes...I'm sorry... I think I should be a little bit more specific :P

I am developing something similar than a video conference. The PDA will receive video and audio and it will send just audio (not video). I am able to receive but not to send. I am having problems capturing the audio from the microphone and sending it. The connection is via internet. It also works in a Lan.

Thanks!!!

Repots your q to the Developer forum. In general, you can easily stream audio from your app via a simple TCP/IP stream-based connection. Of course, if you want to make it standards-compliant (so that not only your desktp based server understands it), you need to add compatible headers too.

fah
12-13-2006, 01:50 PM
ups... Sorry, I'm going to post it in the other forum...

anyway, thanks for the replies!