View Full Version : help with email

bigeagle
12-11-2006, 12:39 AM
I have been unable to figure out how to leave my emails on the server for later downloading to my home computer. I have my PPC (Sprint 6700) check my email every hour during the day. I still want to be able to have these messages download to my home computer however. Is there a way to have the messages stay on the server?

Also, my inbox seems to randomly empty itself for my gmail account. I download messages and then they disappear from my inbox without me having deleted them. They are not in my deleted files folder nor are they left on the gmail server.

thanks

Menneisyys
12-12-2006, 02:04 PM
I have been unable to figure out how to leave my emails on the server for later downloading to my home computer. I have my PPC (Sprint 6700) check my email every hour during the day. I still want to be able to have these messages download to my home computer however. Is there a way to have the messages stay on the server?

Also, my inbox seems to randomly empty itself for my gmail account. I download messages and then they disappear from my inbox without me having deleted them. They are not in my deleted files folder nor are they left on the gmail server.

thanks

Please see my posts at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51900

Carty
12-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes the 999k method works for Gmail users.

Other POP3 mails usually stay on server until you delete from your inbox. If you want to keep your inbox clean until you download the mails via Outlook, you may consider making a folder and move the mails there. Dont forget to delete them in future as you can save some precious little memory.

Regards,
Carty..