View Full Version : Palm OS screen protector on Pocket PC?

strlnblue
12-07-2006, 01:10 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new here and was hoping someone can help me with this. I ditched my ancient Sony Clie a while ago and stumbled across some screen protectors for it when cleaning out my closet. I thought, hey, I don't have to find some for my T-Mobile MDA! Right? Wrong. After trimming it down, I stuck the screen protector on and was surprised to see tiny black lines in a grid show up. What kind of screen protector should I get for the MDA? I can't find them anywhere online.

Mark Kenepp
12-07-2006, 01:35 AM
The T-Mobile MDA is just a re-branded HTC Wizard so look for screen protectors for that model.

My personal preference for screen protectors is for the WriteShield screen protectors over at Pocket PC Techs (http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~unit~HTC_Wizard-511~area~accessories-WriteSHIELD%99+C2.htm).

I have never heard of the problem that you describe and would guess that it is the result of how the anti-glare pattern on the screen protector lines up with the pixel matrix on the screen. Makes me wonder if you would run into the same issue with other screen protectors.

You might want to avoid the same model screen protector you had for your Palm or maybe try one of the "clear/glossy" type protectors (or if your Palm screen protector was a clear/glossy type, try an anti-glare).

Cybrid
12-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here and was hoping someone can help me with this. I ditched my ancient Sony Clie a while ago and stumbled across some screen protectors for it when cleaning out my closet. I thought, hey, I don't have to find some for my T-Mobile MDA! Right? Wrong. After trimming it down, I stuck the screen protector on and was surprised to see tiny black lines in a grid show up. What kind of screen protector should I get for the MDA? I can't find them anywhere online.In addition to what Mark said. Some older screen protectors for Palms were "textured" to make writing easier.