View Full Version : Changing Japanese OS to English OS (WinMob5) on HTC TyTN - how can I do it? Help!

TickTock
11-29-2006, 03:23 AM
Hello all, I really need some advice about whether or not I can change my Japanese version of Windows Mobile 5 to the English one. Yesterday I bought a X01HT (Hermes, TyTN) produced by HTC and sold by the new Japanese mobile carrier, Softbank. I knew before I bought it the OS was a Japanese version, and if the worst comes to the worst I can put up with it, but obviously it would be much better if I could use the English version. So do any of you clever folks know if and how I can install English WinMob 5 on my new phone?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Nurhisham Hussein
11-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Hello all, I really need some advice about whether or not I can change my Japanese version of Windows Mobile 5 to the English one. Yesterday I bought a X01HT (Hermes, TyTN) produced by HTC and sold by the new Japanese mobile carrier, Softbank. I knew before I bought it the OS was a Japanese version, and if the worst comes to the worst I can put up with it, but obviously it would be much better if I could use the English version. So do any of you clever folks know if and how I can install English WinMob 5 on my new phone?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to PPCT.

First off, there's no necessity to post the same question twice as most regulars will see your post anyway (and get irritated that there're two of them) - it's poor etiquette to post twice like that. As such, I've deleted your other post.

On your question - there is no legal way of changing the language of the OS on a Windows Mobile device, it's a restriction of the EULA. So I'm afraid you will have to live with it, unless you're willing to forgo any warranty.