View Full Version : question about pocket pc program install

yoitsalan
11-26-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm a noob when it comes to pocket pc's, so I bought a Cingular HTC8125 and had no issues at all downloading programs onto it. Recently, I tried to download new programs only to be unsucessful, all the prompts run through fine on my laptop and even the screen on my ppc comes up asking if I want to download from an unknown source. Instead of asking me where I want to DL the program it jumps straight to "installation of ..... has be unsuccessful".

My question is, where do I begin? I thought it may have been an issue with the program but then I tried to download a program from a site I used before (sucessfully) and it still didnt work. Please help!!!

Brad Adrian
11-27-2006, 03:38 AM
The first thing to try whenever you have a problem with a Pocket PC is a soft reset. On your device, that's done by inserting the stylus into the little hole on the right side of the phone (next to the IR port).

Did that help your problems?

Darius Wey
11-27-2006, 04:02 AM
Brad's suggestion of soft-resetting is spot on. A few Windows Mobile 5.0 devices have issues with the installation of applications, so a soft-reset prior to each and every installation will help.

Also, be sure to check that you're installing the right version of the application. For example, ARM, Windows Mobile 5.0 applications will install on your device. MIPS, Windows Mobile 2003, Pocket PC 2002 applications won't.