View Full Version : Problems with Pocket Streets 2005

theCollector
11-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Hello. I've installed Pocket Streets 2005 and downloaded the USA maps from the Windows website, but heres the problem. When i use it with GPS it works just fine but, the program won't auto-tile the adjoining maps together. My state: Texas, is so large that MS breaks it into smaller counties. I thought pocket streets could link the counties together into one large map but it won't do that. Thus when i drive out of one county, the GPS freezes at the edge of that county and i have to restart the program and load the next county.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Darius Wey
11-21-2006, 03:32 AM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Unfortunately, that's the limitation of Pocket Streets. It will only work for the map you have loaded, so if you drive off the edge, you have to load the new map manually. Don't expect this to change in the future. Microsoft appears to have dropped support for Pocket Streets, so there won't be any bug fixes or new versions heading our way anytime soon.

theCollector
11-21-2006, 04:38 AM
oh really?? I could have sworn i had seen it automatically tile. oh well. Do you have any other recommendations for good, solid GPS navi, for ppc 2002?

Darius Wey
11-21-2006, 07:08 AM
oh really?? I could have sworn i had seen it automatically tile. oh well.

Not that I'm aware of, but heck, if it does, I'd sure love to know about it too. ;)

Do you have any other recommendations for good, solid GPS navi, for ppc 2002?

It varies from region to region. I've heard good things about TomTom and CoPilot. Being true voice-guided navigation packages, they're miles ahead of Pocket Streets.

theCollector
11-21-2006, 11:35 PM
i definately agree there. The only problem with that is my pda model, Toshiba e740, doesn't support a 2003 upgrade, therefore tomtom wont' run on the device :( very sad indeed.

Cybrid
11-22-2006, 09:13 PM
i definately agree there. The only problem with that is my pda model, Toshiba e740, doesn't support a 2003 upgrade, therefore tomtom wont' run on the device :( very sad indeed. Take a look at mapopolis and if you are truely desperate, Pharos Ostia (Even PPC 2000 was supported last I checked. Mapopolis is superior.