View Full Version : Final Update on the Handango vs. Omnisoft Saga

Jason Dunn
11-21-2006, 01:30 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.omnisoft.com/articles/handango/default.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.omnisoft.com/articles/ha...ngo/default.asp</a><br /><br /></div><i>"This will probably be the last update I will make for a while on this issue. Handango is still not willing to re-open my account at this time. Will Pinnell said in their official reply “We treat all of our 16,000 global content providers with respect and professionalism”. I just wish I was one of those 16,000 because I probably would have then been extended the respect and professional courtesy of an advanced notice informing me that my account was at risk of being closed, and the opportunity to fix whatever the problem(s) were before it had to be abruptly terminated. Even though Handango will not re-open my account (so now I'm loosing almost half of my sales), they did send me a check for part of the ad allowance ($4,250.00 of the $5,500.00 total). However, they did not offer this to me until after all of you showed your support :) So, you did make a difference!"</i><br /><br />If you recall <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52085">our original post</a> on the subject, John Cody from Omnisoft was going through a rough time with Handango. Well, things have progressed and it looks like John is in a much better position now: they sent him back $4,250.00 of the $5,500.00 total, and <a href="http://www.mobihand.com/pocketpcthoughts/homeSoftware.asp">Pocket PC Thoughts partner Mobihand</a> has agreed to offer up some promotional support for John's applications. It's nice to see some support for Omnisoft!

Paul Martin
11-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Nice to see the update. Perhaps not all John wanted but much better options than what he had. And Kudos to Mobihand (http://www.mobihand.com/pocketpcthoughts/homeSoftware.asp) for stepping in and showing some promotional love! :grouphug:

Jerry Raia
11-21-2006, 09:08 AM
Handango did not come out of this looking very good. Not that they care.

yildi
11-21-2006, 09:47 AM

Probably they should care since reputation loosing is a very quick process on the Net, especially when the community is quite organized as around the PPC technologies...

Chris Spera
11-21-2006, 03:30 PM

That's the problem. I don't think they care at all.

WorksForTurkeys
11-22-2006, 03:05 AM
well it is sort of interesting that Microsoft apparently also has no issues with their primary commercial retailer, as featured on their POP websites, treating their 3rd party developers so poorly. I never expected much in the way of ethics from Handango (never had any, never will), but Microsoft's tacit approval of their retail partner's business practices is disconcerting.

Ed Hansberry
11-24-2006, 04:57 AM
well it is sort of interesting that Microsoft apparently also has no issues with their primary commercial retailer, as featured on their POP websites, treating their 3rd party developers so poorly. I never expected much in the way of ethics from Handango (never had any, never will), but Microsoft's tacit approval of their retail partner's business practices is disconcerting.
I am not going to defend MS here, but you realize to the extent they use Handango to partner with on their site is a very small piece of their business so this is probably flying way below the radar.

Also, have you seen the contract between Microsoft and Handango? Perhaps you can quote the paragraph that allows MS to terminate the contract for actions Handango takes with outside parties?

WorksForTurkeys
11-24-2006, 04:58 PM
I am not going to defend MS here, but you realize to the extent they use Handango to partner with on their site is a very small piece of their business so this is probably flying way below the radar.

Also, have you seen the contract between Microsoft and Handango? Perhaps you can quote the paragraph that allows MS to terminate the contract for actions Handango takes with outside parties?

are you still an MVP?

Ed Hansberry
11-24-2006, 10:19 PM

are you still an MVP?
Why are you evading my question? :?:

WorksForTurkeys
11-25-2006, 03:31 PM

are you still an MVP?

because you started your post with a statement that you weren't going to defend MS, and you then take the indirect position of defending them.

There are people who stand on Broadway playing Three-Card Monty, and they have confederates who help them work the con by masquerading as ordinary people while they are actually shills for the guy running the con.

Ed Hansberry
11-25-2006, 04:46 PM

because you started your post with a statement that you weren't going to defend MS, and you then take the indirect position of defending them.

There are people who stand on Broadway playing Three-Card Monty, and they have confederates who help them work the con by masquerading as ordinary people while they are actually shills for the guy running the con.
No. You made an assertion that MS should just dump Handango and that MS was essentially approving of this action towards Omnisoft by not doing so.

I asked you for evidence that the contract between MS and Handango allowed this.

And rather that answering the question, you threw out a red herring, and so far, still haven't answered the question, which is understandable as I seriously doubt you thought your comment through. Advocating that Party A breaks a contract against Party B as a retaliatory measure because Party B seems to have broken a contract with Party C makes no sense. You should be throwing red herrings. You started with one logical fallacy, so engaging in more might actually confuse enough people that you might get away with it, except I won't let that happen.

Furthermore, you have displayed an inexplicable inability to use Google. :roll: