View Full Version : Warning re Vito SoundExplorer (and other?) software

joesweeney
11-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Hey guys, I just thought you should know that Vito Technology will not reissue serial numbers for their software if you need to replace your device after the first year. In other words, you need to purchase another copy of their software if your device breaks down and is replaced, even if the replacement is of the same make and model. This makes the software a very unattractive option.

hamishmacdonald
11-20-2006, 08:35 PM
That's a bad policy. Let's face it, most of us on here replace our technothingies about once a year. Tie the license to the user, not the device. I'm the one who paid for the thing!

I trust that the 'invisible hand' of the marketplace will give this tactic a slap upside the head.

stsanford
11-21-2006, 03:28 AM
Thanks for the tip. For precisely the same reason, I will never purchase or use software written by Fonix. I used to use their voicedialer, but they won't re-issue a license. As someone who changes phones practically every quarter, that's an insane limitation.

I certainly won't buy any Vito software until they change their licensing requirements.

Konstantin
11-28-2006, 12:48 PM
As a VITO representative I would like to make it clear that VITO Technology does bind license to devices. We provide free updates and support for a year since purchase. We also allow to change activation codes once in three months. We can also issue another activation code if the customer has not spent 3 activation codes beforehand and want to install the application onto his/her new device.